Buy your ducks, grab your running shoes, and enjoy a day of family fun for a cause. Every duck purchased, donation, and 5K & 10K registration benefits the treatment, cure, and prevention of childhood diseases. Join us at Creekside in Gahanna on Saturday, August 29th for all the fun.
@BenRCosby Great to hear you're committed your 2nd half marathon. Be sure to check out our 10k run to help with your training!
Race, run & join the fun
Join us Saturday, August 29th at Creekside in Gahanna for food, music, and family fun. We’ll have a 5K & 10K for the grown-ups and a short run for the kids. Afterwards, we’ll race ducks—dumping thousands in the creek and offering prizes for the ones at the head of the flock.
Buy a duck & support the cause
- Solo Duck 1 for $5
- Family of Ducks 6 for $25
- Flock of Ducks 12 for $50
- Colony of ducks 25 for $100
Off to the races? Runners receive a FREE duck with race entry!
- 8:00 a.m.Run Registration Opens
- 8:30 a.m.Family Activities Open
- 9:00 a.m.Live Band Begins
- 9:30 a.m.Start the 5K/10K
- 11:00 a.m.Kids’ Fun Run
- 11:45 a.m.Duck Drop
- Kids Fun Run Registration: $12 through August 28; $15 day of
- 5K Registration: $25 through August 28; $30 day of
- 10K Registration: $35 through August 28; $40 day of
Racing ducks has rewards
Your duck purchase benefits Nationwide Children’s Hospital, which is the biggest reward of all. But there are a few more reasons to make a splash in the race this year.
First Place Prize
One year lease on a BMW Mini Cooper donated by BMW
Second Place Prize
$5,000 donated by the Crane Family Foundation
$1,000 Cash donated by DTZ
We’re grateful for the generous sponsors that make the Columbus Duck Race & Run possible.
We care about the cause
The 4th Annual Columbus Duck Race & Run benefits The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Your support helps physicians and scientists work toward the treatment, cure, and prevention of childhood diseases for kids in our community and throughout the nation.
Top 10 in the nation
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is in the top ten pediatric research centers. They’re dedicated to enhancing the health of children by engaging in high-quality, cutting-edge research according to the highest standards.
Focused on discovery
The heart of The Institute is focused on improving treatment for serious childhood illnesses, gaining insight into biological processes, pioneering strategy to prevent injury or disease, and delivering care in innovative ways.
Research Strategic Plan
You can’t consider clinical care at Nationwide Children’s Hospital without also considering how basic, clinical, behavioral, and health service research is being infused to improve patient health.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Mission
Research is an integral part of the overall Nationwide Children’s mission, along with communicating that the hospital really CARES about what they do.
- Commitment to the highest quality healthcare for children, regardless of the family's ability to pay.
- Advocacy for children's well being by serving as a voice for improving their health, safety, and security.
- Research and the dedication to develop treatments and cures to ensure the future health of all children.
- Education of young patients and their families, medical and allied health students and professionals, and the community.
- Service to customers. Nationwide Children's applies outstanding customer service principles and promises, such as treating families as top priority and viewing each other as valued customers.
Lend a hand and join the fun
There are countless ways you can support the Great Columbus Duck Race & Run. See the options we’ve come up with, or let us know other ideas on how you’d like to help.
Prior to the event, we need passionate volunteers to sell ducks at other local events and festivals. The day of the event, we need more volunteers for various areas.
Sign up easily online by searching Great Columbus Duck Race
We’re looking for volunteers to advocate selling ducks around your place of employment. We’ll provide everything you need, including posters, rubber ducks, stickers, emails, etc.
Download Duck Captain Info Packet or contact Cindy Laux for details
We want people to recruit friends, family, and co-workers to run in the 5K/10K race. We even have a race for the little ones, so mention that it’s fun for the whole family.
Sign up as a Sponsor
We’re always looking for corporate or personal sponsors for the event. We have a variety of levels that allow you to participate however you’re comfortable.
Download Sponsorship Info Packet or contact Cindy Laux for details
Spread the Word
Help us promote the Columbus Duck Race & Run by posting flyers at your work, gym, salon, and anywhere else you think will grab attention.